Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 | Optum Member Crisis Line: 1-855-202-0973

Considering the current efforts to stabilize the spread of COVID-19, the Department of Health and Welfare instructed Liberty Healthcare to temporarily conduct all assessments over the phone.

This temporary change is to promote the health and safety of Medicaid members and Liberty Healthcare employees. 


The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare and Liberty Healthcare needs your help. The Department is developing a new resource allocation model. The Department needs to start using a new assessment tool for the new model.

The Scales of Independent Behavior - Revised, also known as the SIB-R is the tool we use now for Adult assessments.
The Department will start using the Supports Intensity Scale - Adult also known as the SIS-A soon.
We need your help to make sure Liberty assessors are ready to use the SIS-A assessment instrument. We are asking for volunteers to complete practice SIS-A assessments.

Additional details are available in the official State of Idaho explaination letter.

Why do we need your help with Practice SIS-A Assessments?


Child and Adult Developmental Disabilities (DD)

Monday to Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm US Mountain

time to assist you.


List of Contacts
Description of Assistance Available
Agency and Contact Information
Information for Medicaid members
Independent Assessor for access to YES services Liberty Idaho Independent Assessment Services (Idaho IAS):
  • Toll: 208-258-7980
  • Toll-Free: 877-305-3469
  • FAX: 208-258-7985
  • Email:
  • Website:
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Inquiries
  • Veyo: 1-877-503-1261
YES information, access to YES services
Concerns related to Division of Behavioral Health Children’s Mental Health Services Call your local Behavioral Health Regional Office as noted below or Central Office:
Medicaid Eligibility
Information regarding children’s Developmental Disabilities and or Infant Toddler Program
Questions regarding the checklist if school district personnel (i.e. principal, school counselor, etc.) are unable to provide clarification. Idaho State Department of Education: